Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Burning Girl

Mark Billingham is another new author for me, and I was impressed with the first book I read by him, entitled "The Burning Girl".

Detective Inspector Tom Thorne finds himself and his team investigating a brutal murder where the victim has had a huge X carved into his back and his head blown apart by a bullet.  This sets the stage for a brutal turf war between gangs in London.  Can Thorne find the murderer and prevent London from being set ablaze by the two gangs as they fight it out for control?

Another thing that I liked about Billingham's writing is that as the reader, you get insights into Thorne's personal life.  It isn't all consumed by his police work.

I am looking forward to reading Billingham's next book, and I am sure that you will enjoy reading his work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment